Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Triangle T Guest Ranch Surprise!

We vote for stopping HERE!
Driving along the interstate can almost hypnotize you.  Almost.  For sure it doesn't require the intense focus one must have to navigate Mex #1.  And that's what we are doing Sunday afternoon, just driving east on I-10 headed for....well...someplace between where we are and Texas.  We have it in mind to go further down the road, but Steve notices a regular blue highway sign indicating camping at the next exit.

 He muses: "I wonder what camping that is?  No indication of anything around here...."  The country is beautiful.  There are huge boulders and the road rises and falls with rolling hills.  I grab Ms. iPhone and Google: camping exit 318 I-10 AZ.  Up pops: Triangle T Guest Ranch.  A quick look at the first few sentences indicate a guest ranch and RV stop not far off the road with the look and feel of Arizona cowboys (and cowgirls).  The trouble is....the miles continue to click away, and if we are to investigate this possibility, we must turn back.  That would be, "back tracking."  Never a popular idea.  Another exit flys by.  I press "Call" on the phone screen and Jo Ann answers.  Yes, they do have an RV site for the night.  I say, "We'll be right there!"

Welcome to Triangle T
Can't you just see Westerns being filmed here?
We find the Triangle T easily.  It's only 1/4 of a mile off the interstate, but miles away in sight and sound.  Checking in, Jo Ann tells us to be sure and check out the Rock Saloon as the bar is built around...you guessed it, a BIG rock!

Billy up to the bar boys....and girls!
We do check out the Rock Saloon and Bar, have a drink and some strange nachos.  Then it's back through the bar room doors and out to explore the ranch.

Cowboy Steve
There are lots of interesting things to check out, but we understand there is a labyrinth here and that's what we want to find!

Not as comfy as our rig!
                                           Tucked inbetween tall boulders we find this!

Labyrinth in the Wild

I have never walked this labyrinth design before and although it's small, the same opportunity for a meditative walk is there before me.  The path is lined with rock rich in quartz...white, rose, and various golden browns entwined.

 I am reminded that sometimes the road of life is fairly straight and easy to navigate.  The path is clear.


Steve winds around
 An sometimes the road curves and twists as if you are almost going backwards, but yet your feet go ever forward.  How can that be?


Then there are the times in life where obstacles just get in THE WAY.  Some are just small inconvienences, yet others are seemingly immovable ojects making the trek difficult and exhausting.

I think about this as I walk around and around, following the curves easily, and making the twists back with a snap, slowing down at the boulders in "my way"....bending and ducking to get around those parts of the "rocky" path.  Then suddenly the path exits, right where it began.   My chant this walk is about healing for those in need, for dear friends and family and why not...for the Earth and this Universe.

In the morning we take a hike with the dogs and find a horse trail that leads up to a bluff and down again.

Morning walkers
Steve finds a surprise on top of the bluff
A morning walk in "God's Country!"
We are reminded as we walk the trails of Triangle T Ranch that the phrase "This is God's Country" fits this incredible little piece of Arizona, not far from Exit 318 on I-10.  Sometimes it's really worth it to "Back Track!"  I'm really glad we did!

3/4 of the Breeze Team
But now it's time to "Forward Track"....Big Bend National Park...next stop!  All aboard!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nan,

    Smashing blog as always, Cheechako!

    Territory of Alaska is always dear to my heart as well. I was there when it was made a State of the Union, during the Cold War.

    I walked to Aurora school through ten feet of snow, or at least so it seemed to me at the time, I thought I was an Arctic explorer.

    The wildlife is absolutely fantastic, and thanks for the photos. So real!


    Your Cousin,

    Dave




    ReplyDelete